Summer Skateboard Camp 2014
To reserve your child's space in summer skateboard camp, Download this form, fill it out and mail in with a deposit.
14 Summer Camp Registation form Outlined[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.6 MB]
- Burlington Sk8 Camp - June 16-20 at the Waterfront Skatepark*
- Talent Camp 1 - June 23-27
- Talent Camp 2 - July 7-11
- Talent Camp 3 - July 14-18
- Talent Camp 4 - July 21-25
- Essex Sk8 Camp - July 28- August 1 at Maple Street Park.**
- Talent Camp 5 - August 4-8
- Talent Camp 6 - August 11-15
- Colchester Sk8 Camp - August 18-22 at Bayside Park***
*Burlington Skate Camp:
June 17-21 at the waterfront skatepark. Camp runs 9am-noon.
Sign up through Bulington Parks and Rec.
**Essex Skate Camp:
July 28-August 1 at Maple street park in Essex Junction. Camp Runs 9-noon.
Sign up through Essex Parks and Rec.
***Colchester Skate Camp
August 19-23 at Bayside Park in Colchester. Camp runs 9am-noon.
Sign up through Colchester Parks and Rec.
For summer 2014 Talent skatepark is staffing the Summer Skateboard Camps for Burlington, Essex Junction and Colchester. City Rec camps run 9am-noon and are run similiarly to camps at Talent. This is a good opportuinty for young skaters to get outside and ride new terrain with some familiar faces. Sign-ups are through each city's parks and Rec departments.
Summer Camp Details
Our summer camp progam is on it's 13 year. Whether your child is a beginner or an advanced skater, we have a program that will allow him/her to excell. In addition to learning how to skateboard, children learn valuable life lessons through skateboarding: Balance, patience, commitment, encouragement and perserverance. Join us for the best week of your summer!
- Talent Camp runs 9am-3pm
- Drop off begins at 8:30, pick up by 3:30.
($8 additional to skate 3-6.)
- Helmets and Full Pads (knee, elbow, wrist) required. (Rental gear is not Included! Helmet=$4, Pads=$3, Board=$3 per day.)
- Give us a call (864-2069) or stop in to sign up.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to hold a space.
- Beginners, intermediates and experts welcome.
*Each session of camp will be limited to the first 30 entrants.
*A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to reserve a space.
*The balance is due 2 weeks before your camp begins.
* Campers are placed in groups based upon age and ability.
* All campers begin with the basics of skateboarding; pushing, turning, stopping.
* Once the basics are mastered, they move on to riding ramps; rolling in, dropping in and kickturns.
* Advanced skaters will move onto tricks on both the ground and ramps.
* In addition to skateboard skills, campers are taught, skatepark etiquette, patience and confidence.
* In addition to skateboarding, campers play games, do art projects and make new friends. Each camper will receive a commorative camper T shirt and a blank skateboard deck that they will be able to paint and skate.
* Skateboarding is taught in all weeks of camp. In-line skaters are welcome to attend, but we will only have an in-line coach if we have 5 in-line skaters.
* Skaters from age 5-13, of all abilities are welcome to attend.
* Camper to coach ratio is 5 to 1 (+or- a camper)
* Each week of camp is limited to 30 campers.
* Full pads are required the entire day of camp, ( HELMET, ELBOW, KNEE, AND WRIST GUARDS) unless the pad exclusion is signed by parent or legal guardian. Pads prevent injury and add confidence allowing skaters to skate longer and prgress faster. HELMETS are mandatory for all campers, coaches or anyone that enters the park.
* Loaner pads and helmets are not available. Each camper must provide their own approved skate pads and helmet. In the event that a camper needs equipment, rental pads are $6/day, helmets $8/day.
* Write your name on everything you bring to camp, especially your pads. Talent Skatepark is not responsible for lost items.
* Each camper must pack a lunch and have a water bottle with their name on it. Refrigeration is not provided.